Apparently the CEO's of Just Born, Inc. (the makers of these lovely confectionaries) decided that people liked the peeps image. And people began asking for the rights to the image (of course, at a price).
Well...according to the peeps spring press release, it's 2005 product line was a success. (Apparently 2005 products like pens, bean bags, stationary and Easter Cards are returning).
But according to the website, these are the new products available this easter:
- Novelty Toys, Arts and Crafts, and Activities products
- Balloons – large and small inflatables for indoor and outdoor use
- Books for kids – coloring, activity, and board books
- PEEPS® book highlighting the pop culture phenomenon of the PEEPS® brand
- Giftware – picture frames, vases, and planters
- Outdoor décor – door signs, lawn signs, light sets, garden flags, and stakes
- Novelty confection products
- Kitchen goods – towels, pot holders, oven mitts, tablecloths, and placemats
- Bath and beach towels
- Apparel – T-shirts, hats, visors, loungewear, daywear, socks, and slippers
- Stationery – notepad, pen, pad & pen set, pencil & eraser set, and stickers
- Party goods – plates, napkins, greeting cards, and gift wrap
- Jewelry – Italian gold charms at www.italiangoldcharms.com
- Cosmetics – lip gloss, lip balm, and cosmetic sets
I've posted a picture of one of the lovely italian gold peeps charms available. Buy your own here. I also am really looking forward to my own peeps placemats, vases, gift wrap and lounge wear.