In fact, I finally got a chance to see Bobby. A movie that at times last year I thought would make more a splash among AMPAS voters. But zero academy nominations later, Emilio Estevez's star studded historical slice-of-life film was generally overlooked.
But, since the funnest thing this film has going for it is it's cast, I figured I'd highlight my favorite performances from the film.
1. Freddy Rodriguez - He's touching, he's funny, and strangely natural in the role of Jose, a kitchen-staff employee who loves baseball and cares about Latino rights.
2. Sharon Stone - For the limited amount of screentime that each character gets, Stone's gets a little more of an arch...plus it's just a neat role and she does fantastic as the hair designer of the stars.
3. Demi Moore - Her melodramatic role is fun...Demi, want don't you try picking up some stronger roles so you could score your first academy award nomination...you have talent. The execution of Viriginia Fallon is tons of fun.
4. Harry Belafonte - And to think it's Demi Moore who sings in this movie. This was a touching inclusion in the film.
5. Svetlana Metkina - I don't even know why I'm included her, but her role as the Czech reporter is comical and reminds of a silly teen movie. Granted, this was not intended as a silly teen movie...but if it was, she'd be number one...Amanda Bynes, you have nothing on Metkina!
On par/good performances: Helen Hunt, Joy Bryant, Joshua Jackson, Shia LaBeouf, Elijah Woods, Lindsay Lohan, Heather Graham, Anthony Hopkins, Brian Geraghty, William H. Macy, Martin Sheen, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Christian Slater, Jacob Vargas.
Square Peg/Round Hole: Nick Cannon, Laurence Fishburne, and Ashton Kutcher.