I've gotta admit...the song "It's Hard out their for a Pimp" from Hustle & Flow is stuck in my head today.
In response to my 5 Things That would Make the Academy Awards Fun...
1. Ryan Phillipe accepts Reese Witherspoons award because he can't help but celebrate on stage with her
Hey...she at least thanked him...isn't there some controversy over her not thanking him somewhere else or something??
2. Jon Stewart wears an invisible cloak and sees if he can withstand a gun shot
Jon Stewart is a 30 minute TV guy...the Oscars is just not his thing...at least he was relatively clean and not Whoopi-esque. For some who asked...this is a refrence to Best Picture winner Crash.
3. Eminem gives out the award for best original song "It's Hard Out Here For A Pimp" and Russle Crowe accepts the award because no one else is near bye and no one takes credit for the Pimp song
37 Mafia does win...and they accept in a very enthused acceptance. Jon Stewart was pretty funny when he said: "For those of you keeping score: Martin Scorcese 0 Oscars, 3 7 Mafia 1 Oscar."
4. John Williams breaks his hip accepting the award for best orignal score for Memoirs of a Geisha
Okay...so John Williams didn't win...maybe next year when he'll surely be nominated again.
5. Brokeback Mountain doesn't win everything it's nominated for
It didn't...it picked up 3 awards by my count, just like Memoirs of a Geisha and Crash. Kind of a diverse selection for a mediocre year.
Related Tags: Reese Witherspoon, Ryan Phillipe, Jon Stewart, Academy Awards, John Williams, Three 6 Mafia, Brokeback Mountain, Crash, Movies