After writing about all the violent films coming out this year, I began thinking about the Golden Globes. Why?
Because unlike most awards, they differentiate between actors in dramas vs. actors in comedies/musicals.
Yet, there is no Little Miss Sunshine or Dreamgirls that seems like the clearly cinematic comedy/musical. In fact, I'm sure some films that fall between drama and comedy will be differentiated as comedy.
I'm by no expect a golden globe expert, but I thought I'd try by luck at figuring out who might get shortlisted for a globe nomination in the best comedy/musical category.
1. Johnny Depp - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street
2. Johnny Depp - Pirates of the Caribbean: At Worlds End
3. Ryan Gosling - Lars and The Real Girls
4. Phillip Seymore Hoffman - The Savages
5. Steve Carell - Dan in Real Life
6. Jack Black - Margot at the Wedding
7. Seth Rogen - Knocked Up
8. Dustin Hoffman - Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium
9. John Travolta - Hairspray
10. Glen Hansard - Once