So, I mentioned how my daughter Linden couldn't sit still through the 10 sentences of Maurice Sendak's popular book Where the Wild Things Are, soon to be released as a major motion picture.
Here's the honest top 10 books our daughter loves -- even though some (like Shapes in My House are far from engaging to me). She will read these or have them read to her over and over again.
I think it's interesting that so many of her favorites use photographs instead of illustrations.
1. Ten Little Ladybugs by Melanie Gerth and Laura Huliska-Beith
2. You and Me, Baby by Lynn Reiser and Penny Gentieu
3. You're My Little Love Bug by Heidi R. Weimer
4. Shapes in My House by Kristin Eck
5. Andy Warhol's Colors by Susan Goldman Rubin
6. Happy Baby: Colors by Roger Priddy
7. Hola! Jalapeno by Amy Wilson Sanger
8. Today Is Monday by Eric Carle
9. Star of the Circus by Michael Sampson and Mary Beth Sampson
10. Bee & Me by Elle J. Mcguinness
We'll see how her favorite's change as she grows older.