So when the Golden Globe nominees are announced next week, I have to wonder, "What Choices Do the Globes Have in the category Best Actress in a Comedy or a Musical"
I've stretched hard to find 10...the first five are my predictions.
Nine is included her because the film's a musical, and the category combines musical and comedy.
And yes, I think Meryl will have two of the five nominations in this category. And yes, I think they will consider Julie & Julia a comedy, even though it's really not.
2. Meryl Streep, It's Complicated
3. Marion Cotillard, Nine
4. Sandra Bullock, The Proposal
5. Zoey Deschanel, (500) Days of Summer
6. Katherine Heigl, The Ugly Truth
8. Sarah Jessica Parker, Did You Hear About the Morgans?
9. Renée Zellweger, My One and Only
10. Julia Roberts, Duplicity
I have left Carey Mulligan off the list for the film An Education, because the film is not a comedy or a musical, but the film could be "light enough" relative the rest of the scene that she is thrown in this category. We'll see soon.