A trend from the past four years is that Oscar's Best Picture winner has been different from the Golden Globes Best Picture Drama winner.
The Golden Globes have chosen to award Atonement, Babel, Brokeback Mountain and the Aviator in the Best Picture Drama Catagory, while the Oscars chose No Country for Old Men, The Departed, Crash, and Million Dollar Baby.
I think this year will be no different with the Globe and Oscar winner being different.
(I also predict that Happy-Go-Lucky wins for Best Picture Comedy at the Golden Globes, although...who's too know what the Hollywood Foreign Press will chose).
Another interesting trend has developed as well over the past three years. Despite the fact that the best picture drama doesn't win the Oscar for Best Picture, it does at least win the Oscar for Best Original Score at the Academy Award's. This is true for the past three Globe Drama winner's Atonement, Babel, and Brokeback Mountain - who's composers went on to receive Oscars.
(A. R. Rahman needs to get nominated first, but I have a feeling with Academy Award nominations role out soon, we will be able to find his name on the list)
We'll see if trends continue, but those are my predictions for the top prizes at the Globes and Academy Award ceremonies (as well as the original score catagory).
* Reality & The Curious Case of Benjamin Button (January 6, 2008)
* Top 10 Reasons I Enjoyed Slumdog Millionaire (Dec 21, 2008)
* The Curious Case of Cate Blanchett - Best Actress Prediction (Nov 27, 2008)
* Whether You've Seen The Films or Not - The Awards Are Coming - Best Picture Predictions (Nov 26, 2008)
* Slumdog Millionaire - A Winner?? (Nov 12, 2008)
* David Fincher - Will This Director Finally Be Invited to Join the Club? (Oct 13, 2008)