For those films with distribution - here are my predictions for the best actor race at this point.
Of course, a lot could change since...well, it's only September, and the action hasn't even begun.
Here's my predictions presented in tiers.
- George Clooney, Up In The Air
- Matt Damon, The Informant!
- Daniel Day-Lewis, Nine
- Morgan Freeman, Invictus
- Peter Sarsgaard, An Education
- Ethan Hawke, Brooklyn's Finest
- Jeremy Renner, The Hurt Locker
- Viggo Mortensen, The Road
- Sean Penn, The Tree of Life
- Ben Whishaw, Bright Star
- Hugh Dancy, Adam
- Johnny Depp, Public Enemies
- Robert Downey Jr., Sherlock Holmes
- Colin Firth, A Single Man
- Clive Owen, The Boys Are Back
(pictured top to bottom: Matt Damon in The Informant, Peter Sargaard in An Eduction, Jeremy Renner in The Hurt Locker, and Clive Owen in The Boys Are Back)