In a Spanish class I teach students began discussing on their own initiation why citizens of other countries didn't care for the United States. The discussion got heated and I encouraged them to write on a note card an answer to the question: "Why do citizens of other countries hate the United States and Americans?"
Here were there answers (I have left the answers with their grammar, wordings, & misspellings):
- "People hate America because we in other countrys affairs" - Garrett, 17
- "because of Ego" - Eric, 16
- "Their jelous of our opportunitys, how we have a gov't, our freedom to do almost anything, how we can choose what we want to do. The only reason another country should/could be mad at America is us not discussing with allies more about invading Iraq. Which in my opinion was and is the RIGHT thing to do. Freedom of religion, voting, running for elections are all good things they don't have." -Nash, 16
- "WALMART & STARBUCKS" - Timothy, 16
- "Imperialistic foreign policies. Americans tend to think we are supperior. We are to quick to use violence. Religion is different." -Ross, 17
- "I think other countries dislike america because we are spoiled with technology and have a large ego." -Tim, 17