Perhaps you've seen me mention this film on StrangeCulture in the following post:
- Book Adaptations & Best Picture Nominations: Trend Revisited (January 26, 2009)
- 2009 Oscar Best Picture Predictions -- Now With 10 (June 28, 2009)
- August Best Director Predictions (August 4, 2009)
- September Best Actress Predictions (Sept 19, 2009)
Yes, that Mo'Nique. Nikki Parker of The Parker's Mo'Nique...or the potential Oscar nominee Mo'Nique. (Mo'Nique pictured above in this acclaimed role)
This film with it's heavy content seems like it might mix up the Academy Award nominee's from being limited to skinny white girls with British accents.
Nominations Precious seems to have a chance at...
- Best Picture (Executive Producers Tyler Perry & Oprah Winfrey)
- Best Director, Lee Daniels
- Best Actress, Gabourey Sidibe
- Best Supporting Actress, Mo’Nique
- Best Supporting Actress, Mariah Carey
- Best Adapted Screenplay, Geoffery Fletcher
- Best Film Editing, Joe Klotz
- Best Original Song, “I See in Color,” Mary J. Blige
Pretty impressive potential for a film of this size and theme.
Check out the preview here for a better idea of what this film is all about. No doubt, it has a heavy story line and probably not a huge box office take, but it's hard to tell what Tyler Perry, Oprah Winfrey, and critical acclaim can do.